If you’re involved in the marketing industry or have a role related to it, you’ve probably heard of influencer marketing. It’s no longer just a trend; it’s become a dominant force in marketing, and it’s particularly relevant in the travel sector. In this PopStar blog article, we’ll provide a straightforward guide to travel influencer marketing for brands in the Philippines.
Travel Influencers: A Simple Introduction
First, let’s dive into what travel influencers are and what kind of content they produce. A travel influencer is an online personality known for creating and sharing content focusing on the travel and tourism industry. As with other influencers, they have a dedicated following who support and engage with their content. These influencers use various platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, blogs, and websites. Many of them specialize in particular niches within the travel industry.
The role of a travel influencer can vary, but their primary task is to create content that offers travel advice and inspiration. This content can take many forms, including:
- Traveling to new destinations, often on sponsored or self-funded trips.
- Producing destination guides in various formats.
- Maintaining active social media accounts.
- Creating vlogs and videos showcasing travel experiences.
- Promoting businesses and products related to travel, such as accommodations and tour operators.
- Writing reviews of travel products and experiences.
- Collaborating with travel brands to create content that promotes their offerings.
- Producing content for travel brands to use on their own channels.
- Participating in marketing campaigns with travel businesses.
- Engaging with followers to build relationships and gather feedback.
- Staying updated on the latest travel and tourism trends.
Why Brands Should Work with Travel Influencers
Influencer marketing is a contemporary marketing approach that continuously evolves. The travel industry, being one of its steadily emerging niches, allows travel brands to tap into the influencer community especially dedicated to producing content that’s aligned for them. Here’s why it’s particularly beneficial for travel brands in the Philippines:
- Reach a New Audience: Partnering with travel influencers can introduce your brand to a wider audience. Their followers may not have encountered your company otherwise, potentially leading to more business.
- Create More Content: Collaborating with influencers can generate extra content for your website or social media. Some influencer marketing campaigns involve guest content, which can help you maintain a more regular posting schedule.
- Enhance Brand Image: Being associated with a popular travel influencer can boost your brand’s image, resulting in more bookings and purchases. Followers tend to trust influencer recommendations, creating positive associations with your brand.
- Stay Relevant: Influencer marketing is a trend that’s here to stay. Younger demographics, in particular, base a large portion of their purchasing decisions on recommendations from others. By working with well-known influencers, you gain access to a significant portion of this market.
How to Find the Perfect Travel Influencers for Your Brand
Finding the right travel influencer to collaborate with may take some effort, but it’s worth it. Here are some methods to discover the perfect match for your brand in the Philippines:
- Do Your Research: Start by searching for relevant hashtags on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. Identify accounts with large followings that use these hashtags and align with your brand’s criteria.
- Look at Your Followers: For larger companies, check if influencers in the travel industry already follow your accounts or have previously engaged with your content. It’s an efficient way to build an authentic relationship with an influencer familiar with your brand.
- Use a Database: Online databases provide information about influencers from various industries. While some may require a membership fee, it’s a worthwhile investment if you’re serious about influencer marketing.
- Contact an Agency: Many travel influencers are part of agencies that manage their work with brands. Contacting these agencies can lead to fruitful collaborations with well-known influencers.
5 Ideas for Travel Influencer Marketing Campaigns in the Philippines
Now that you’ve found the right travel influencer, it’s time to plan your campaigns. Here are five ideas to spark your creativity:
- Guest Content: Invite an influencer to create guest content for your brand, such as blog posts, social media takeovers, videos, or newsletter features. Make sure to incorporate relevant Filipino keywords to boost SEO.
- Video Campaign: Video is highly effective in travel marketing. Use influencers in video campaigns to add a fresh perspective to your content. Make use of video titles and descriptions and optimize them with local keywords.
- Gifted Trip: Work with an influencer by offering them a free travel experience in exchange for sharing their journey with your brand. Emphasize local experiences and attractions in your content.
- Product Promotion: Collaborate with an influencer to promote your travel product or service, ensuring it aligns with their followers’ interests. Use Filipino-specific keywords to target the local audience.
- Giveaway: Organize a giveaway with an influencer, offering a trip or experience as a prize to engage their followers and create excitement around your brand. Use popular Filipino search terms to maximize visibility.
Final PopStar Tip
Influencer marketing in the travel industry offers a multitude of opportunities for brands in the Philippines. As you build relationships and gain a reputation as a brand that influencers enjoy working with, you’ll be able to create a wide range of content and campaigns. This approach is a powerful way to keep reaching new audiences and stay relevant in the ever-evolving world of marketing in the Philippines.
Send us a message or contact our Team at email@example.com for more information on how PopStar can help your influencer marketing here in the Philippines.