Whether you’re a hip new brand trying to tap into a larger audience or an already established company looking to boost engagement in your social platforms, it can be challenging to think of new ways to create content that effectively markets your brand. Crafting digital marketing campaigns from scratch requires significant amounts of time and resources, not to mention careful curation of materials and partnerships throughout the process.
If you don’t possess either of these, then a different approach might be more suited for your brand–sponsoring content from other companies or influencers in social media platforms. In this comprehensive PopStar blog article, find out more on how you can improve your brand strategies through utilizing sponsored content.
What is sponsored content?
In your quest to employ the perfect digital marketing plan that would elevate your online presence, you might have heard of the particular strategy of sponsoring content. But, what exactly is sponsored content and how is it different from traditional advertisements?
Sponsored content or posts are a type of promotional media paid for by an advertiser but created and publicized by another brand, influencer, company, or publisher. It’s different from the more traditional native advertisements, which are ads paid for and created by an advertiser themselves. Native ads are usually content that features a particular brand’s product or service and are placed within a website or homepage.
As opposed to native ads, sponsored content is more advantageous for a number of reasons. Sponsoring brands or influencers whose content and target audience are already aligned with your branding, can be more engaging compared to just placing a native advertisement. By employing this strategy, it makes the sponsored content appear more natural and less forced. Audiences come away thinking they’ve gained valuable new knowledge rather than passively getting informed from an advertisement they merely saw. This makes your brand appear more memorable, credible, and above all else, trustworthy.
When it comes to branded or sponsored content, trust is the number one driving factor that would dictate the success of your online marketing campaign. In fact, studies have shown that marketers who partnered with reputable publishers to promote their brand saw an average 50% higher brand lift compared to those who created and published their own branded content.
Today, sponsoring content or posts is a practice usually done in social media platforms such as Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, etc. where brands can partner with influencers and content creators to promote their product. In the Philippines, spending on influencers went up by a notable 18.5%. This shows that picking the right influencer for your business can really boost how much people engage with your brand.
Tips and tricks to jumpstart your sponsored content
Now that you know what sponsored content is, let’s delve into specific strategies on how you can start employing them for your brand’s relevance and reach. For companies seeking success with sponsored posts in the Philippines, it all begins with a robust brand strategy.
We’ll guide you through the essential elements of crafting a brand strategy for your sponsored content campaigns. From outlining your goals to evaluating your return on investment (ROI), and deciding on whether to collaborate with influencers, we’ll provide you with practical insights tailored to the Philippine market.
1. Outline your goals
Crafting an effective digital marketing plan for your sponsored content campaigns is a critical and often challenging initial step. Having a clear direction is essential for achieving success with your sponsored posts, especially in the Philippines. To define your goals effectively, keep in mind the following pointers:
- Identify Your Business Goals: Determine the overarching business objectives you aim to accomplish through your sponsored content. Whether it’s lead generation or revenue generation, break these down into smaller, manageable goals.
- Set Specific Objectives: Utilize the SMART goals framework to ensure that your objectives are realistic and attainable within a defined timeframe.
2. Determining a budget for your sponsored posts is the next step
In the Philippines, understanding your overall social media marketing budget is vital. This knowledge allows you to allocate your resources wisely, as the amount you spend on your social media strategy is directly influenced by the level of sponsored content and influencer collaboration you wish to incorporate. Consider the following:
- Define Your Strategy: Decide if you’re utilizing sponsored posts as part of a single marketing channel or as a fundamental element of your broader social media strategy. This decision will help you determine the necessary investment in sponsored content.
- Research Costs: Sponsored post costs are influenced by your social media advertising strategy. These costs may include content creation, content boosting, or influencer partnerships. Keep in mind that influencer costs vary depending on factors such as audience size and their level of influence.
- Compare Budget with Expected ROI: Think of your budget as an investment, and ensure that the expected return on investment (ROI) justifies the costs associated with your sponsored content.
3. Evaluate your ROI
Evaluating ROI in the Philippines entails translating your outlined goals into key metrics, including reach, engagement, and conversions. Sponsored posts’ success is not solely determined by likes and comments but can also be measured by factors such as brand awareness and direct sales. Consider these steps for calculating ROI:
- Identify Your Metrics: Focus on reach, engagement, and conversion metrics for your sponsored content.
- Track Metrics: Monitor the performance of your sponsored posts from the moment they go live. This will help you identify high-performing content and influencers.
- Communicate Metrics to Influencers: Clearly convey the metrics you intend to track to influencers from the outset to efficiently monitor social media ROI.
It’s essential to focus on relevant metrics rather than overwhelming yourself with an excessive number of them.
4. Creating High-Quality Content
Crafting high-performing sponsored content in the Philippines requires adhering to best practices. Sponsored posts vary in form. For instance, these can be videos, testimonials, infographics, or static images. Regardless of the format, consider the following elements:
- Audience Alignment: Address your target audience’s interests and pain points subtly to capture their attention.
- Compelling Copy: Craft persuasive content that highlights the benefits and relevance to your audience.
- Visual Appeal: Ensure that your sponsored post stands out visually while staying true to your brand identity.
- Call-to-Action: Encourage conversions by providing a clear directive to your audience.
5. Deciding whether to collaborate with influencers is a crucial choice
Influencers can significantly expand your reach and enhance trust among your audience in the Philippines. To make an informed decision regarding influencers, keep these factors in mind:
- Niche Relevance: Choose influencers aligned with your target niche to ensure a strong connection with your audience.
- Budget Considerations: Review your marketing budget to select influencers whose rates match your financial plan.
- Message Alignment: Ensure that the influencer understands your brand’s values and message. Give clear guidelines while allowing room for collaboration to maintain authenticity.
Incorporating these factors into your decision-making process can be the linchpin of your sponsored content campaign’s success. To ensure your success, it is crucial to match with the right influencers who not only expand your reach but also share a deep connection with your audience and authentically represent your brand.
Final PopStar Tip
As you embark on your journey to creating successful digital marketing campaigns centered on sponsored content, remember that it’s not just about promoting a product or service. It’s about building connections, fostering trust, and delivering value to your audience. By following the steps in this blog article and crafting a well-defined brand strategy for your social media platforms, you’re well on your way to creating a winning brand strategy that resonates with your audience and drives lasting success.
Send us a message or contact our Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how PopStar can bring your digital marketing strategies to new heights here in the Philippines.